Rod License

For rod license application / renewals: Apply online at the post office website or buy at any UK post office.

You need a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence if you are aged 12 or over and fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel in England (except the River Tweed), Wales, and the Border Esk and its tributaries in Scotland.

Please note a rod licence gives you the right to use a fishing rod and line, but does not give you a right to fish. You must have the permission and membership from Stoke Angling Club committee before starting to fish.

For new membership applications:

Club Rules and Application Form